Friday 1 November 2019

A cuppa tea and TERRANCE

So, it has been a sodding long time since I've blogged. I mean, I've had anther baby,the beautiful baby boy carter, I've been in hospital with him being seriously poorly, and I've been manically busy trying to find some sort of rhythm with my gorgeous brood. And of course when things JUST settle down....I find I have cancer.

No seriously I'm not even shitting you. CANCER

Like...what?!!?! I cant even believe I'm typing that but here I am.

I wont bore u with all the teeny details so here is a very quick fire round of what happened: just before Christmas 2018 when I was having my normal 2 second shower,because y'know, kids, I felt an odd small hard lump to the side of my right breast. It didn't hurt it was just a hard lump. NOTHING in my tiny mind thought PANIC, in fact I dismissed it, and swiftly forgot about it. Literally. And of course my beautiful baby boy got sick, went into hospital and well, that teeny lump popped right outta my mind but that teeny lump wasnt done growing...

By the New Year and February, in another shower (I had showered in between I can assure you!) I was very much aware of the lump as it was now visible under the skin so I made a routine GP appointment. After the appointment and they're assurance that it wasn't anything sinister they referred me to the local breast clinic to have it checked over. And then Cancer happened, as in those words fell out of the consultants mouth.

My life had changed.

So, here I am, still alive thank fcuk, 8 months down the line. 8 months of the hardest slog, 8 months of treatment, and 8 months of still having cancer - it hasn't gone and I am still in treatment. Many of times I wondered if it would be cathartic to tell my story: the story of my cancer but I didn't want to bore, but lucky for you here I am... ready to hash it all up. In an effort to help my mind heal from the trauma I want to get it all out.

So enter this blog.... A cuppa tea and Terrance the tumour.


No comments:

Post a Comment