Thursday 25 May 2017

Feeling the heat... what they DON'T tell you about being pregnant in the Summer



So, I'm not new to this, it's my second baby AND my second Summer baby. Liv was born in July and the new addition is due in August, so you'd think I was only too aware as to what Id let myself in for, but y'see time is most definitely a healer and with it I seemed to of forgotten what sheer hell awaited for me come the sun.

Here is my list of what they don't tell you about being pregnant in the Summer and heat:


  1. You sweat. more than you ever thought was possible. it comes out of every orifice, every nook and cranny. You don't even need to do anything in particular to make you suddenly feel your top lip glisten: today I was purely sat on the sofa and I was sweating profusely. Also who knew that you could sweat quite so much from underneath your boobs.... seriously...
  2. Because of the above be fully prepared to change your clothes more than once a day. If not for the sweating alone, it'll be because everything feels just so. bloody. tight. and constricting. 
  3. It is possible to swell EVEN MORE when pregnant because of the heat. Even my bump feels way more bigger, and then there's your hands and oh my the feet... the sausage trotters..... 
  4. You'll want to drink so much water. And just when you think you've drunk enough your mouth will feel like Ghandi's flipflop once more and you'll need to down another pint of fluid - obviously visiting the toilet 3948575739296 times in the interim
  5. Small tasks become like the very end of the world. I dropped a fork on the floor in the kitchen today, and I can safely say I feared for my knees, my back and the ability to lift myself back up off the floor. Everything you do will move 350x times more slower than you thought possible.
  6. No summer cocktails for you. I am rather partial to a nice cooling refreshing mojitos come the summer however not this time.... yeah try the non-alcoholic version thats just the same.. NOT!
  7. You'll suddenly find yourself turning everything into a fan or cooling device. Today I used my living room door to waft some air at myself, I used my child's muslin to soak in water and then drape over my feet and I'm not gonna lie to you, I very nearly grabbed a cooler pack from the freezer and strapped it to my undercarriage. Man you get hot around there!
  8. The very thought of wearing a bra will seem EVEN more hellish than normal. It will grip you where it shouldn't and hold your ever expanding bust to ransom and then slowly itch you, make you sweat more and rub you until you cant take it anymore and you just have to take it off.... but we all know what its like carrying around 2 preggo boobies dont we, add in them being set free and well...
  9. You won't be glowing in pregnancy, it will be sweat. On your brow, over your top lip and oddly behind your ears. Your make up will slowly but surely slide off your face until you look a very moist coco the clown.
  10. Hello odd tan lines. Your body is unable to tan nicely whilst pregnant. Instead you'll tan stupidly easily and develop some nice odd unexplainable patches to go alongside your new glow.
Obviously it's not all bad, and there are way more upsides, but being preggo when the heat rises is HARD! Anyone else with me on this??


No comments:

Post a Comment