Sunday 14 May 2017

Seeing double

So now we know what colour it is, things are suddenly getting oh so real, and dare I say it, I've even started to plan or at least THINK about the things I may need, and even stuff that I definitely do not need second time around ( its amazing how wise you get to the tatt you dont need) Following on from previous posts, all I can currently think about is pushchairs or prams. I've started to think that maybe, just maybe a double is the way forward - it makes sense to be able to shove both my sprogs into one place right? but the real question is - where do I start?

Pushchairs and prams to me are a market that is inundated with brands announcing the new/best yet pushchair that is potentially going to make us mums lives WAY easier (however unless this pushchair is going to do the night feeds I dont buy into it) I find searching out the best products really hard and this is definitely proving harder than most. We are a one wage household with me not working and so literally every penny counts so when it comes to possibly buying a new pushchair its absolutely gotta be the right decision - we can only do this once guys! So after countless evenings spent glued to my laptop and bugging the sh** outta my 2 kid friends I've made a list of 'doubles' that have made it to my 'most wanted' list!


I'm not gonna lie to you but I totally and utterly fell in love with this Phil and Teds double pushchair as soon as I saw it. It's like a work of art. They have obviously REALLY thought about this. The variations are endless and thats what is just so darn appealing. My biggest worry with making this decision is obvious - getting it wrong and picking a pushchair that just doesn't work, but I cant see how you can with this Phil and Teds option.
So, the nitty gritty, the Voyager has a really cool looking 4 in 1 seat that pretty much grows with you and the kids - starting life as a lay flat bassinet, progresses to a versatile seat that is fully reversible. Then add in the double kit - the second seat is fully adaptable as the main seat which is rare in a double - the double can convert to a double lie flat which is fab if you were having twins, the double kit then reverts to the upright stroller - everyone's happy right?
Now, Im not gonna lie to you, I dont know how easy this folds up, although according to the site its really straight forward which again, if it does, is a definite winner for me, I cant be doing with anything with too many bits and pieces to put together!
Price - it aint cheap BUT I do think you are getting alot of options and quality for your money. Priced at £599 for the Voyager as it is and an additional £159 for the double kit doesn't make it easy on the purse strings HOWEVER I do think its a good looking pushchair and seems to have all the bells and whistles you'd want from a double and for me, the versatility sells it and puts it straight into the top for me.
Go have a look at their website HERE for more info

I'd never heard of an Out'n'abount pushcahir until one of friends rocked up in one last time we went out for a walk. I had already had experience of the Baby Jogger brand and this looked quite similar, but when I looked the closely the seats looked completely different: more cosy and more suited to a newborn. I went straight home and researched the crap outta them. From first sight the Out 'n' About is a sturdy looking double pushchair with the capabilities of really going off-road. Both seats recline independently so obviously you can seat different aged children, and there is an additional newborn support which you can pop in to enable you to take a much younger one. The difference with the latest Out 'n' About they now have individual sun hoods, which would do well to avoid any arguments! 
Now the one absolute biggest plus points with this double is that it is slimline to the point where it measures 72cm wide so will most definitely fit through most doorways And it only weighs 12.8kg so is pretty much one the lightest double's on the market, which for me who lacks ALL kinds of upper body strength is a definite selling point!
So, price... this is a great 'ALL IN' kinda pushchair with no additional charges to make it into a double if you know what I mean, however they do some pretty nifty accessories to go with this (I'm loving the handmuffs!) Priced at £524.95 you kinda get what you pay for. These tend to last a long time (or so Im told by friends who own these) and they sell well second hand!
Go check them out HERE

This looks very similar to the Out 'n' About featured above but this one boasts being the most slimmest of the doubles on the market which has always been a big tick in the pushchairs boxes for me - I have trouble steering a single so lord only knows what ill be like with a double!?!? This pushchair is also easy-peasy to create into a single as well as a double so if Liv grows out of it sooner than anticipated I've still got myself a proper nice pushchair for the baby! It has a one-handed unfold which with two kids I'm imagining is ideal (noone wants to drop a baby right) and it is suitable from newborn right up until 4 years old which I think is so ruddy cost-effective! One thing I was mis sold when I got my Quinny was how quickly Liv might grow out of it, whereas this seems like the perfect solution! 
Again, this has the individual sun hoods so each child can relax in the sun or shade as they like, and the wheels pop off super easy for easy storage or fitting into the car! This pushchair seems to really have it all and reasonably priced too! Working out at roughly £495 this is a great spend considering just how much use you are going to get out of it! I'm already sold!
Go check it out HERE




This is pretty much the holy grail of pushchairs in my eyes - I just love Bugaboo, I have been known to stare at other mums Bugaboo in longing! And this double Bugaboo is just..... *sigh* lovely! The Bugaboo Donkey is a mono-duo-mono stroller, with either a side luggage-basket and a large under basket to store all your crap (if you're anything like me) with large swivel multi-terrain wheels that will manovere over any surface and a one piece handle bar makes the pushchair so simple to use. You can expand or downsize in just a matter of clicks. The only thing that slightly worries me is the fact it is a two piece fold which is a little rubbish for me, but I guess if its still easy peasy then I could be swayed.
Reclineable and reversible seats make this stroller easily customiseable. Now, the price...... well, I have to be realistic here, there is no way on gods green earth I could ever afford one of these, despite them being oh so pretty..... However I have been looking at second hand ones. So, the prices start at approx £1,000 however, the price really does rise with the addition of their many 'must-want' accessory's.
Go check them out HERE


I'm not going to lie but I had never heard of the brand Joolz before so this pushchair really caught my eye. It looked proper high-tec (how old am I) and really swish too! It seemed to really suit my need for a double for a toddler AND a newborn rather than a double that can just lie flat.
The carrycot features a hypo-allergenic and breathable mattress that is suitable for your baby to sleep in at night, and the sun hood has a rather nifty ventilation opening made from a mesh fabric that can be opened in order to let the fresh air flow through which is so handy for giving birth to a summer baby.
As for the sat section of the pushchair the footrest is fully extendable so no rogue dangling leggies for your toddlers, and is fully reversible to rear or front facing. Has four wheel suspension making a comfortable ride for baby and toddler (and you) and is smooth flowing when turning. 
I personally think the only down side with this one is having the newborn/baby in the carrycot at the bottom of the pushchair. It just seems weird to be having your precious cargo so low to the ground, not to mention having to bend down that low...
Priced at £899 for everything you get a lot for your money, and it does look really impressive (along the same swish lines as a Bugaboo, however Im not sure as to the positioning of this one but it does have the elusive one motion fold down! 
Available HERE

So guys - HELP ME! Does any body have any recommendations? Not just for these but for ANY doubles? I'm so at a loss and with only 3 months to go... I'm getting scared!









No comments:

Post a Comment