Monday 13 February 2017

Chapter Two...

I always knew 2017 was going to be a good one - there were high hopes of a family holiday in the sun, some time away just me and the husband, some lovely dinner dates and alot of prosecco being consumed, our fortunes were going to be better, life was going to be simpler, and I for one was in a much better mindset.

Well... 2017 had a one hell of a laugh at me....



oh yes thats right ladies and gents. we're doing it all again! Baby number #2 is on its way - EDD August 2017! I'm not gonna lie to you, Im about as shocked as you all are. That's not to say its not a welcome shock, because hell its most definitely seriously wanted, HOWEVER it has come like a bolt of lightening. I dont think I'll ever forget the moment I found I was pregnant with Liv and I sure as hell wont forget this time round either. Rather un-romantically and UN-Instagram worthy, I had completely lost track of my period dates because lets face it I can barely remember to change my underwear these days, and so I suddenly thought whilst making toast shaped characters for Liv for breakfast one day that 'holy shit I haven't had a period' and so upstairs I ran (checking my daughter was safe obviously) I grabbed a test that was leftover from first time round (these things last right?!) and went for a pee. I forgot about the stick until Liv went down for a nap not thinking that there was a hope, but there it was.... a cross. positive. a big fat positive. I aint gonna lie to you, I couldn't finish the cuppa I made myself, instead I sat for a (long) while in silence.

It may seem that Im not happy about this news but hell, you couldn't be more wrong - I'm ecstatic but frigging hell, the shock, the fact it happened for us alone was pretty much a miracle (some of you know about my health issues) but my first thought went to Liv. How on earth was I gonna do this?
More on this and my other thoughts later, but there ya have it... I am with child... my second child. Holy crap, I am going to be a mum of two *gulp* hold on tight folks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment