Sunday 26 February 2017

13 week bump

Is it wrong to be HUGELY excited that I am posting my first bump update (albeit it already over a week late) but here I am/was 13 weeks!

I've been longing to do my first update and to hopefully keep it up - I never continued with Liv on a week by week basis so I felt like I dont have any markers to look back on, so here's hoping I can keep this up and it doesn't bore you all too much!



Overall:
I want to say I've been feeling a-ok but the truth is I've really not. As much as I enjoy pregnancy, this time round compared to my first, well, it couldn't be more different. Everything was plain sailing with Liv, but this time round I can't catch a break from the constant sickness and by constant I really do mean it. Suffering with HG (hyperemesis gravidarum) has hit me well n truly hard this time round rendering me most days useless. My one saving  grace, believe it or not, is the fact I HAVE to carry on because of daydream having a toddler. Admittedly there has been way too many times when I've spent the morning/afternoon hunched over in the bathroom and had Liv 'pat,pat' me on the back (bless her) I THINK I may be coming out of the sickness tunnel by now only FEELING sick rather than actually BEING sick so I guess I should count my blessings. Aside from that, my tiredness is slowly seeping away and instead of brain-numbingly tired, Im just normal 'toddler tired' which is something.
It's a funny old thing being pregnant because despite me being sick as a dog I still consider myself so damn lucky to be in this position so every time I feel down I try to pep myself up with these thoughts.

Size:
I'm not gonna lie to you all, I am SO much bigger this time round than with the 1st pregnancy. Hell, I dont just look it, I FEEL IT. Im starting to wear a few bits of maternity clothes that I kept from the last pregnancy, especially the leggings because lets face it, those things are the most comfy things in the whole history of the world.

Symptoms:
Admittedly aside from the endless sicksville, other obvious symptoms have been taking a back seat. My boobs are still randomly sore, and Im still finding myself need to pee WAY quicker than my norm - but maybe this will subside soon too.
I'm suffering YET again with my back and sciatica (this time early on) so any advice would be greatly appreciated!
My mood is a little hard to write down because I feel like I'm a crazy woman lately - I flit from being happy to sad in the click of a fingers and Im trying to keep a handle on these feelings. Obviously with my past experience with postnatal depression there is an extremely high chance that I will get it again and also of prenatal depression. This time round Im trying to channel myself into more positive thinking, getting some needed 'me' time and working around positive affirmations (more on this another time)

Cravings:
STILL fresh orange juice. I am literally going through liters of the stuff and yes, I know its not particularly good for me but OH MY GOSH I need it.

Sleep:
Yeah...... With the problems with my back/sciatica my sleep has been increasingly more disturbed. I wake up about 4 or 5 times a night and am struggling to get back to sleep after. Truth be known, I was expecting to find this HARD to deal with, but I guess experience at lack of sleep has got me in good stead because well... I'm still functioning!

Gender:
Unknown, although I can't help but think it's a girl again, I would ever so LOVE a boy but beggars can't be choosers!

Low point of this week:
Feeling unwell in Sainsbury and having to ditch the trolley and run to the loo (obviously WITH Liv in tow)

High point this week:
Spending time with my Tuesday group - good friends are needed right now!

More next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment