Sunday 22 January 2017

Skin issues



As well as having an ass like a sack of blamanche, a belly that looks like a tyre ran over it and two 'so-called' breasts that now resemble some old sports socks, post motherhood hasnt been kind to my skin. Pre-children I was what you would call someone who was lucky with their skin - I hardly ever got a spot, never used to wear concealer or foundation and would often get complimented on how good my skin was - fast forward until now, and well, my skin has developed a new kind of sensitive - think 13 yr old boy getting turned down for the school disco, my skin is just EVERYWHERE now.

I have always been an E45 kinda girl. I used to toye with other products but to be fair they never really used to do much for my already good skin so I stuck to something plain. I still use E45 but mainly because everything else just irritates it, but my skin literally changes every day. So one day I could have the worst spot breakout you could imagine, the next the tightest and driest skin, then next week I will come up with a reaction from SOMETHING and have painful itchy skin - my child changes her mind alot, but hell on earth, my skin is playing a whole different game.

I've been at a loss as to what to try, even after visiting my GP after a particular bad bout of a flare up on my face that they prescribed me steroids (for my face god dammit) that I decided to look into something that could help, and this is where my attention turned to the brand Weleda. I had read on an Instagram post how great the Calendula massage oil was and because I had reached a low point I decided to immediately order it online and give it a whirl.

So, what is it supposed to do? apparently the ingredients are calming for the skin and let me tell you I sure as hell need THAT! I've never really used an oil before so I was a bit dubious about looking like a greasy Spanish waiter, however the beauty with an oil is that you don't need that much so you save alot of wastage!Firstly, the smell is ABSOLUTELY amazing -  I mean, yknow that relaxing spa-type smell? its that. It smells just relaxing, clean and gentle. Applying it first time did indeed leave me looking a little, errr, sweaty, thanks to my over zealous applying however since the 'sweaty' incident I've been extra cautious. I had several red patches on my skin that after applying were a little less red, and certainly didn't feel as angry as before.

I've been using this oil every day for about 2 weeks now and my skin is alot better is terms of breakout, and the redness and patches have almost disappeared. I'm not gonna lie to you but its not exactly a great base for make-up. It tends to slide off your face if you're not careful, but overall I really like it. I think once the irritation in my face disappears I might only use it once or twice a week but otherwise it was a spot on buy!


I purchased mine from Amazon as I had vouchers and it cost £8.45 + P&P but there are loads of sites online that stock the product too. 

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic to hear! I'd not thought of using the calendula massage oil on the face (as we have a calendula face cream - amongst others that I would be more likely to recommend - tbh generally the Almond for sensitive skin) so it's good to see a post where it's been tried on the off chance and is working! There may be a Weleda Wellbeing Advisor local to you that would enable you to try some other skincare that might help (and would act as a better make-up base ;) ) but also there is the option of a pharmacy referral if you would prefer to look at avoiding steroid-based creams. x

    ReplyDelete