Friday 10 March 2017

I need you

I try my hardest to be there for anyone and everyone... it's just something inside me that I feel compelled to do. I like helping people, not because I get something out of it, I just do it because I hope that other people think the same in this world and go on to treat others the same. 

Recently I heard some news that truly shocked me. It was news that affected a friend of mine and the closeness to home hit me. My friends son, who was 2 years old at the time had been diagnosed with High risk, stage 4 metastatic neuroblastoma. A type of cancer that affects fewer than 100 children a year Reuben was one of these figures.

As tests promptly started on Reuben, each piece of news to his family seemed more devastating, as in 50% of cases of this aggressive type of cancer, his primary tumour was found in his abdomen but had already spread to bones and bone marrow before anyone had any idea. 

Just weeks before, Reuben had played alongside his friends at birthday parties and attended pre-school like every other happy 2 year old who was really looking forward to Father Christmas visiting.

He spent his 3rd birthday and New Year's Day in hospital, has undergone MRI scans, bone marrow and tumor biopsies, a blood and platelet transfusion, two rounds of chemotherapy to name but a few procedures. 


His journey has just started. And even though everyone they have encountered working in the amazing NHS are doing their very best to help their little boy,  the statistics make for grim reading and there will come a time, that we all hope, when he will be in remission and eligible for further treatment not yet available in this country. 

Over the next year Reuben and his amazing family will be turning their attention to fundraising efforts to help raise funds for overseas treatment once he is in remission. The initial costs for this are anticipated to be £250,000.


And this is where I come in, as a fellow mother (soon to be to two children) my heart goes out to them, and I cant NOT help. I cant even imagine how they cope every day, how they stay strong, how they continue to fight - they are all courageous, incredible human beings and this is why I must TRY to help. So here goes...

That's right, my beloved hair is going and in return I hope you ALL can donate something: anything, it doesnt matter the amount but I need you all.Forgo your daily coffee for a month, put down that pair of shoes you want, and say no to that bottle of wine, put yourself in their shoes: I would do anything in my absolute power to save or help someone in need and now you can do the same. Please donate HERE

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Reubensfight 

As I look on at my daughter and feel utterly blessed, I feel compelled to help this family, my friends, get through the toughest battle yet.

PLEASE HELP.

No comments:

Post a Comment