Monday 24 July 2017

Two years...

Holy crap, Liv turned two. I mean, TWO YEARS OLD GUYS! I can barely remember what it feels like to not have children (well, I do, and let me tell you it was a darn sight quitier, cleaner and stressfree) but at the same time my life IS Liv, she is my day and night. When Liv turned one it was more of a happier occasion for me - yes it was sad that the time seemed to of flown by but at the same time I was kinda glad she was a year - this was the time that everything got a little easier right (and she slept more yes) However with this second year I can't deny that it really bitter sweet.

Liv has changed beyond all recognition since her first birthday - the year in the run up to turning two I think must contain the most changes in a baby into a toddler - obviously most children start walking and then babbling, going into talking and this was true with Liv. She morphed before your very eyes, daily, into a little lady. Day by day, little by little she does something different, something more advanced, something more grown up, something that manages to make me giggle. New words, new mannerisms, new bolshy grown up girl behaviour. I look back to her first birthday in utter awe - HOW was she ever that small and shall we say innocent and this is why it is so difficult to see this 2nd birthday come bounding in.

I stil remember when Liv was a baby I was warned taht time really does fly and even in her first year I believed it to be true, but none more than the year to two. I feel like Ive barely blinked and its gone. Of course, alongside the year that has just gone has come its more troublesome times - I mean they dont call the terrible twos exactly that for no reason! Liv has developed a stronger sense of character, and determination and alongside this has amazed me with her stubborness and sometime temper tantrums that come part and parcel - however overall, Liv has blossomed. I couldnt be anymore prouder of her than I am right now.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital slideshow customized with Smilebox

So, for her birthday we had PLANNED to throw a themed party, but after Liv's baptism and celebration I was exhausted and the thought of having to host another party and go to all that effort honestly left me in a cold sweat! and so we decided to have a very low-key 'beach' themed celebration in our garden with close loved ones and it was so much fun! Liv had great fun and most of all it was  so easy for me too - it was so unstressful! There was no mad decorations, no party bags, no crowds of people, little expense for us it really was such a joyous day. We had cake of course - I mean its not a birthday without cake and to follow on with theme 'beach' theme I baked Livs birthday cake in the style of a beach - it came out alot better than I ever expected! The sun shone the whole day and there were so many lovely moments for Liv and us to remember!

For this years birthday we got Liv a wendy house, which was second hand and she fell in love with. We put down some fake grass so Liv could have her own little garden and hung some summery bunting - I wanted to live there!
So as much as it was so bittersweet to see another year pass in her tiny life, it was definetely a good way to celebrate - with those who are important to her. And just like that, shes two, and as for me, I shall still hold onto those baby years and probably call her my baby forever but I will try my hardest to look to the future and be excited to see the person she grows into when she turns 3!



No comments:

Post a Comment